Pima County GOP opposes state efforts to prevent Westboro wackos from protesting at 9-year-old girl’s funeral
The head of the Pima County GOP said he opposes the Arizona legislature’s efforts to pass an emergency law that would prohibit members of the Westboro Baptist Church from protesting at the funeral of a 9-year-old girl who was killed during the mass shooting at Rep. Gabrielle Giffords’ event on Saturday.
In an interview with the Talking Point Memo’s Evan McMorris-Santoro, the county GOP chair Brian Miller stated “We will not sign on or advocate any policy that limits free speech.”
Yea or nay? Please vote.
- WashingtonPost.com: Lawmakers to head off picketing at Tucson
- TalkingPointMemo: Arizona to take on Westboro Baptist Church in wake of shooting
- Anti-Defamation League’s profile of the Westboro Baptist Church
- CNN.com: Arizona lawmakers plan to block protesters
- Pima County GOP’s website
- Arizona State Legislature website