Mubarak resigns a day after his defiant speech, protesters celebrate beginning of a new Egypt
It’s about time!
Vice President Omar Suleiman announced today that President Hosni Mubarak has stepped down and transferred power to the Egyptian military. Bloomberg.com has provided an English transcript of the resignation statement.
- Associated Press: Democracy protests bring down Egypt’s Mubarak
- NYTimes.com: Mubarak steps down, ceding power to military
- LATimes.com: Hosni Mubarak resigns, military takes control after weeks of upheaval in Egypt
- WashingtonPost.com: Mubarak resigns, hands power to military
- BBC.co.uk: Egypt’s Mubarak resigns as leader
- Bloomberg.com: Hosni Mubarak resignation (text of statement)