WTF?! Weekly Roundup
Here are our picks of the top five most ridiculous stories from last week!
- Ann Coulter says radiation is good for you. Maybe Coulter should hop on the first available flight to Tokyo so she can try an exotic radiation tanning session. May she return with a lovely glow!
- CNN’s Fareed Zakaria reports that “Al Qaeda has launched a magazine for women.” Is it bye-bye ladies who lunch and hello ladies who launch (terror attacks)?!
- “Republican lawmaker blames 11-year-old victim of alleged gang rape.” Florida state Rep. Kathleen Passidomo (R-Naples) made this heartless statement in support of a legislation banning ‘sagging pants’ in school: “There was an article about an 11 year old girl who was gangraped in Texas by 18 young men because she was dressed like a 21-year-old prostitute,” she said. “And her parents let her attend school like that. And I think it’s incumbent upon us to create some areas where students can be safe in school and show up in proper attire so what happened in Texas doesn’t happen to our students.”
- “Biden team apologizes to reporter for sticking him in the closet.” Orlando Sentinel reporter Scott Powers, who was the designated pool reporter to cover Vice President Biden at a Florida fundraiser, took a photo of the confined space, and the story of his “imprisonment” went viral. The vice president’s staffers could probably use a refresher course media relations. Here’s one tip: do not force a reporter to wait in a cramped closet for a long time. That’s really rude!
- Saudi Arabia’s election chief: “We’re not ready for women’s suffrage.” If not now, when?!