Transcript: Rep. Kevin Yoder on repealing the health care reform law
Edited by Jenny Jiang
Transcript of House floor remarks by Rep. Kevin Yoder (R-Kan.) on repealing the health care reform law (July 10, 2012):
“Like many of my colleagues, my top priority continues to be job creation in our country. That’s why I was so heartbroken with the recent health care decision by the United States Supreme Court.
“No matter what we think about the impact this law will have on the prevalence of health care in our country, it is not good for small businesses and it is devastating for job creation.
“This law creates massive amounts of uncertainty, raises taxes and huge administrative burdens, and places significant new mandates on entrepreneurs and small businesses – not a recipe for economic recovery.
“That’s why I stand today in support of a repeal of this massive burden on our economy.
“We need health care reform in our country – no doubt. And I stand ready to work with members of both parties on a fresh start – a truly bipartisan bill that will actually reduce the cost of care not simply shift the burden.
“So let’s work together on common-sense reforms. Let’s repeal this act. Let’s give relief to small businesses and let’s get our economy going again.”
- House.gov: Video of House floor proceedings on July 10, 2012
- Thomas.LOC.gov: H.R. 6079 Repeal of Obamacare Act
- WhatTheFolly.com: Republicans vow to repeal health care law
- WhatTheFolly.com: Supreme Court upholds health care law, affirms coverage mandate
- Rep. Kevin Yoder’s website
- WhatTheFolly.com: Transcript: Rep. Joe Wilson on repealing the health care reform law
- WhatTheFolly.com: Transcript: Rep. Colleen Hanabusa’s remarks on repealing the Affordable Care Act
- WhatTheFolly.com: Transcript: Rep. Gerry Connolly’s remarks on repealing the Affordable Care Act
- WhatTheFolly.com: Transcript: Rep. John Yarmuth’s remarks on repealing the Affordable Care Act
- WhatTheFolly.com: Transcript: Rep. Raul Grijalva’s remarks on repealing the Affordable Care Act