Full text of Rep. Rob Andrews’ amendment to H.R. 6079 Repeal Obamacare Act of 2012
Full text of Rep. Rob Andrews’ (D-N.J.) amendment to H.R. 6079 Repeal Obamacare Act of 2012:
Add at the end the following new section:
SEC. 5. MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES WHO VOTE TO REPEAL HEALTH CARE FOR THEIR CONSTITUENTS MUST FORFEIT THEIR OWN TAXPAYER-SUBSIDIZED HEALTH BENEFITS.
(a) Forfeiture of FEHBP Benefits by Any Member Voting in Favor of Health Care Repeal.–A Member of the House of Representatives who votes in favor of passage of this Act (including the repeal of the patient benefit protection provisions described in subsection (b)) shall become ineligible to participate, as such a Member, in the federally funded Federal employees health benefits program (FEHBP) under chapter 89 of title 5, United States Code, effective at the beginning of the first month after the date of the enactment of this Act.
(b) Patient Benefit Protection Provisions.–For purposes of subsection (a), the patient benefit protection provisions described in this subsection include any provision of (or amendment made by) the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or the Health Care and Education and Reconciliation Act of 2010 that provides for or protects patient benefits, including the following:
(1) PROHIBITION OF PREEXISTING CONDITION EXCLUSIONS.–Section 2704 of the Public Health Service Act relating to the prohibition of preexisting condition exclusions or other discrimination based on health status.
(2) FAIR HEALTH INSURANCE PREMIUMS.–Section 2701 of the Public Health Service Act relating to fair health insurance premiums, and prohibiting gender-based discriminatory premium rates.
(3) COVERAGE OF ADULT CHILDREN UNTIL AGE 26.–Section 2714 of the Public Health Service Act relating to the extension of dependent coverage for adult children until age 26.
(4) CLOSURE OF MEDICARE PART D DONUT HOLE.–Section 1860D-14A of the Social Security Act relating to the Medicare part D coverage gap discount program.
(5) NO LIFETIME OR ANNUAL LIMITS.–Section 2711 of the Public Health Service Act relating to no lifetime or annual limits.
(6) PREVENTIVE HEALTH SERVICES COVERAGE WITHOUT COST SHARING.–
(A) Section 2713 of the Public Health Service Act relating to the coverage of preventive health services without cost sharing.
(B) The amendments made by sections 4103 and 4104 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (as amended by section 10406 of such Act), relating to an annual Medicare wellness visit and Medicare payment for preventive services without cost sharing including colorectal cancer screening.
- WhatTheFolly.com: Transcript: Rep. Rob Andrews proposes amendment to strip away lawmakers’ taxpayer-subsidized health care
- WhatTheFolly.com: Transcript: Rep. Eric Cantor opposes Andrews’ amendment to eliminate lawmakers’ taxpayer-subsidized health care
- WhatTheFolly.com: House Republicans repeal health care law for the 33rd time
- Clerk.House.gov: Final vote results for Roll Call #459
- Thomas.LOC.gov: H.R. 6079 Repeal of Obamacare Act