Transcript: Sen. John McCain’s remarks on U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice
Edited by Jenny Jiang
Transcript of Sen. John McCain’s (R-Ariz.) remarks on U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice at a press briefing on the Benghazi consulate attack on Nov. 14, 2012:
Let’s see what happens here, but we will do whatever’s necessary to block the nomination that’s within our power as far as Susan Rice is concerned.
Well, that’s a judgement that people made at the time and I respect their judgement.
My judgement at this time is that 4 Americans were killed. And the information that the U.N. Ambassador conveyed was clearly false.
It was overwhelming evidence that it was completely false. And she should have known what the situation and circumstances were and not tell the world on all the Sunday morning talk shows.
I was on one show and right after that the Libyan President of the National Assembly simply said, “No, it’s an Al Qaeda attack.” Didn’t she even listen to them?
- C-Span.org: Video of Senators McCain, Graham, and Ayotte on Benghazi investigation on Nov. 14, 2012
- WhatTheFolly.com: Transcript: Sen. Lindsey Graham’s remarks on U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice
- WhatTheFolly.com: Secretary of State Clinton hints Benghazi attack might be linked to Al Qaeda in North Africa
- WhatTheFolly.com: U.S. counter-terrorism official calls Benghazi consulate assault an ‘opportunistic’ terrorist attack
- WhatTheFolly.com: State Department identifies the 2 Embassy security personnel killed in Benghazi, Libya
- WhatTheFolly.com: New details emerge on “complex” Benghazi attack; Marines sent to Tripoli
- WhatTheFolly.com: Timeline of the deadly attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya
- WhatTheFolly.com: Democrats & Republicans trade accusations over Libya; Ambassador Stevens’s father says Benghazi deaths should not be politicized
- WhatTheFolly.com: U.S. Embassy in Tripoli denied repeated requests for additional security prior to Benghazi attack