Transcript: Sen. Lindsey Graham’s remarks on U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice
Edited by Jenny Jiang
Transcript of Sen. Lindsey Graham’s (R-S.C.) remarks on U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice at a press briefing on the Benghazi consulate attack on Nov. 14, 2012:
Why did you pick her to tell us about Benghazi? What did she have to do with Benghazi? Did anybody ask her for additional security?
She’s the United Nations Ambassador. Did she know on Aug. 15, there was a memo coming out of Benghazi saying we can’t defend this place if we’re attacked by Al Qaeda and, by the way, there are 10 groups here? Did she know the place was bombed in June?
Did the American President Barack Obama know that we’ve been attacked twice?
So how could she say 5 days later definitively there is no evidence of a coordinated Al Qaeda attack when there’s a rain of evidence?
…This is about the role she played around 4 dead Americans when it seems to be the story coming out of the administration – and she’s the foreperson – is so disconnected to reality.
Somebody has got to start paying a price around this place…
I don’t think she deserves to be promoted. There are a lot of qualified people in this country that the President could pick.
But I am dead-set on making sure we don’t promote anybody that was an essential player in the Benghazi debacle.
I don’t think we’re doing very well in the U.N., quite frankly. You know, we did a pretty good job in Libya but since then China and Russia has been walking all over us. I’m not so sure she’s the strongest advocate. I think she’s more a political operative than she is anything else when it comes to Benghazi. And I’ll make a prediction – I hope I’m right – I think there’ll be a few Democrats who will be reluctant to promote somebody this deeply involved in what I think is a national security debacle. I hope so.
Again, I’ve been on the other side of this when a Republican administration is telling you everything’s fine and it’s not.
- C-Span.org: Video of Senators McCain, Graham, and Ayotte on Benghazi investigation on Nov. 14, 2012
- WhatTheFolly.com: Transcript: Sen. John McCain’s remarks on U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice
- WhatTheFolly.com: Secretary of State Clinton hints Benghazi attack might be linked to Al Qaeda in North Africa
- WhatTheFolly.com: U.S. counter-terrorism official calls Benghazi consulate assault an ‘opportunistic’ terrorist attack
- WhatTheFolly.com: State Department identifies the 2 Embassy security personnel killed in Benghazi, Libya
- WhatTheFolly.com: New details emerge on “complex” Benghazi attack; Marines sent to Tripoli
- WhatTheFolly.com: Timeline of the deadly attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya
- WhatTheFolly.com: Democrats & Republicans trade accusations over Libya; Ambassador Stevens’s father says Benghazi deaths should not be politicized
- WhatTheFolly.com: U.S. Embassy in Tripoli denied repeated requests for additional security prior to Benghazi attack