List of 9 countries that voted against U.N. resolution to accord ‘Non-Member State’ status to Palestine
List of the 9 countries that voted against the U.N. General Assembly Resolution to accord Palestine “Non-Member Observer State” status on Nov. 29, 2012:
Canada, Czech Republic, Israel, Marshall Islands, Micronesia (Federated States of), Nauru, Palau, Panama, United States.
In addition, 41 countries abstained from voting on the matter. They were:
Albania, Andorra, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Colombia, Croatia, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Estonia, Fiji, Germany, Guatemala, Haiti, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malawi, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Netherlands, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Poland, Republic of Korea, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Rwanda, Samoa, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Togo, Tonga, United Kingdom, Vanuatu.
5 countries were absent during the vote:
Equatorial Guinea, Kiribati, Liberia, Madagascar, Ukraine.
- United Nations General Assembly: General Assembly votes overwhelmingly to accord Palestine ‘Non-Member Observer State’ Status in United Nations
- WhatTheFolly.com: List of 138 countries that voted in favor of U.N. ‘Non-Member Observer State’ status for Palestine
- WhatTheFolly.com: Transcript: Speech by Israeli Representative Ron Prosor on Palestine’s application for non-member observer status at the United Nations
- WhatTheFolly.com: Transcript: Statement by President Mahmoud Abbas on Palestine’s application for non-member observer status at the United Nations
- WhatTheFolly.com: Transcript: Remarks by Riyad Mansour on Palestine’s application for non-member observer status at the United Nations
- WhatTheFolly.com: Transcript: Statement by U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon on Palestine’s application for non-member observer status at the United Nations
Category: Current Events, International, Transcripts · Tags: Canada, children, Czech Republic, democracy, foreign policy, Gaza, General Assembly, Israel, Mahmoud Abbas, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Middle East, Nauru, occupation, occupied territories, Palau, Palestine, Palestine Liberation Organization, Palestinian Authority, Panama, peace, Security Council, two-state solution, U.N., UN, United Nations, United States