Transcript: Remarks by Newtown First Selectwoman Patricia Llodra on the Sandy Hook shooting
Edited by Jenny Jiang
Transcript of press briefing remarks by Newtown’s First Selectwoman Patricia Llodra on the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting on Dec. 15, 2012:
Good afternoon, everyone. I have comment on behalf of the town government and the Superintendent of Schools, who was unable to be with us today.
Newtown has suffered a horrendous tragedy – a harm that has broken our hearts. Our wound is deep because we are a close-knit community. We truly care for each other.
We are coming together with love and support for those families who have suffered this terrible loss. We are a strong and caring place. We will put our arms around those families and around each other. We will find a way to heal so that all of our residents – young and old – will again find peace.
I ask that you help us in this healing process. Please treat our community with kindness. Please know that we have suffered a terrible loss and we need your respect on this healing journey.
I turn to you as parents, as siblings, as caring people to know that your words and your actions can help us on this healing journey or you can hinder us.
I want to take a moment too to thank all the support that we’ve received from the Governor’s office, from the State Police, from many clinicians and clergy, from the outreach across the nation and across the world. I think we were all touched by the magnitude of this tragedy.
So I thank you very much for listening to my message and I hope you take my comments to heart. Thank you.
- WhatTheFolly.com: 20 children killed in Newtown, Conn.
- WhatTheFolly.com: Names of the 26 victims killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School on Dec. 14, 2012
- WhatTheFolly.com: President Obama: “We’ve endured too many of these tragedies”
- WhatTheFolly.com: Transcript: Connecticut State Police press briefing on the Sandy Hook school shooting
- WhatTheFolly.com: Transcript: Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy’s statement on the Sandy Hook School shooting on Dec. 14, 2012
- WhatTheFolly.com: Transcript: Press briefing remarks by Connecticut’s Chief Medical Examiner on the Newtown shooting victims