Transcript: Suffolk County DA Dan Conley’s statement on the capture of the Boston Marathon bombing suspect
Transcript of press briefing remarks by Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel Conley on the capture of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the Boston Marathon bombing suspect, in Watertown on April 19, 2013:
I was listening to the police action all afternoon on the radio and I’d like to join my voice – or add my voice as I should say to those who came before me to say what an extraordinary police operation across all jurisdictions that I was able to listen to and witness today.
I was out at the scene early on and our business – Carmen, myself – it’s about accountability.
And I can’t say how happy I am – how pleased I am that the second subject was taken alive. This will really ensure accountability for the victims and their families.
So congratulation to all law enforcement for a job very well done. And now the task ahead for accountability.
- WhatTheFolly.com: Massive manhunt underway in Watertown for Boston Marathon bombing suspect #2
- WhatTheFolly.com: Press briefing Q&A with Massachusetts State Police on the search for the Boston Marathon suspect in Watertown – 6 p.m. briefing on April 19, 2013
- WhatTheFolly.com: Press briefing by MA officials on the manhunt for Boston Marathon bombing suspect in Watertown – April 19, 2013
- WhatTheFolly.com: MA officials announce suspension of MBTA services & ask residents of Watertown and surrounding communities to stay indoor during manhunt for Boston Marathon suspect #2
- WhatTheFolly.com: Transcript: Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis on the shootings at MIT & Watertown – 4:30 a.m. April 19, 2013
- WhatTheFolly.com: Boston Marathon bombing
- WhatTheFolly.com: Transcript: MA officials announce suspension of MBTA services & ask residents of Watertown and surrounding communities to stay indoor during manhunt for Boston Marathon suspect #2